rlm_sqlippool

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sun Aug 27 18:42:37 CEST 2006

On Sun 27 Aug 2006 18:56, Chris Knipe wrote:
> > It is ONLY tested on Postgresql 8.1.x (On 32bit and 64bit SUSE Linux)
> > although
> > I expect it should work fine on any 8.X version of postgresql and
> > probably earlier versions as well. If you want to run it on a different
> > database, the
> > driver itself should support it, but you will need to modify the schema
> > and
> > the queries. If you get it working please let us know (And send us your
> > schema and queries)
>
> See below.  It can more than likely do with more indexes though.  I'm at
> this stage obviously only experimenting...   I'm still checking, but I'm
> *baffled* as to why the rlm_sqlippool won't reconnect to the database then!
> As you said, it uses the SQL driver, whether it's PostGRE, mySQL, MSSQL,
> Oracle, surely, the reconnections are handled in the sql driver itself and
> not the module...   Alan, anything I can look at perhaps???

I am not sure of the status of that. Reconnect may not be working at present.
We manage our database fairly carefully on a dedicated system so it _never_
goes down :-)

> My structures below should be quick and easy to understand.  I'm sure
> there's mistakes in it as well (which I hope will be pointed out to me),
> and I hope other SQL servers will support INET_ATON() and INET_NTOA.
> Perhaps add these as variables in FreeRadius (Alan?).  Considering pools
> are moving to SQL as well now  -  which is VERY good IMHO, I think it's a
> major waiste of space to allocate a VARCHAR(16) (at the minimum) to hold a
> IP Address in a database, when we can do it as a integer...

Actually, they ip_address file should be of type INET. I will make the change
this week after testing it.

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/