Interface binding problem

Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel.be Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel.be
Tue Aug 29 17:40:04 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to setup FreeRADIUS in a testing setup where the IP address
to which it binds needs to be set. The RADIUS server is loaded on-demand
on a number of machines, where almost all configuration is the same,
except for the IP address to which it needs to listen.

Normally this would be setup in the configuration file, but this means
that either I can't have a centralized configuration file (which makes
things very complicated, as I'm trying to provide a standard service in
an experimental environment), or the configuration file needs to be
changed before every FreeRADIUS startup, which also is very inconvenient.

I'd like to set it up with the commandline switch (-i <ip-addr>), but
this does not seem to work (tested on versions 0.2, 1.0.1 and 1.2): the
server only takes the address from the configuration file and completely
ignores the commandline switch. I do realise that the commandline switch
is deprecated, but is it possible to get this to work somehow?

Kind regards,
    Marcel de Boer