Duplicate requests in a session

Santiago Balaguer García santiagoawa at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:19:46 CEST 2006

>   They primary key should be a synthetic field, and not something
>derived directly from the packet.  Calling it 'acctuniqueid' is
>awkward, maybe renaming it to 'radiuskey'?
>
>   It can then be used in the SQL queries as
>%{Acct-Unique-ID:-%{Acct-Session-id}}, which should be safe for all
>configuration.

NOP, the default definition of the acctuniqueid attribute is correct.

acct_unique {
                key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address,
Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"
        }

  It is more possible that a user connect and disconnect several times in a
same session. I think it is task of the NAS to assign a unique session id to
a user. With acct_unique specification freeradius builds acctuniqueid
attribute.

This is my reason for the change. Do you agree???