Disconnect

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 31 17:34:12 CEST 2006

Sean <sean at swarmhotspots.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get disconnect to work with radclient? I can get
> it to return status but when I try disconnect radiusd -X returns the
> following:-

  The server doesn't support Disconnect-Request.  And if it did, it
would be on a separate port, not 1812.

  The main problem with Disconnect-Request is that all Access-Accept's
have to contain a State attribute.  That state has to be unique to the
server.  That state has to be maintained across server re-starts.  The
state has to be kept in conjunction with a bunch of other data.

  And that's not even getting into the reverse proxying nightmare.

  And that's not even getting into the fact that many NASes don't
support Disconnect-Request.

  For local use of Disconnect-Request, it's easiest to have the server
log information to an SQL table, and then query the SQL table for the
necessary data, and run radclient using it.  Sending the server a
Disconnect-Request is probably not that useful...

  Can I ask what you're trying to do with Disconnect-Request, and why
you're sending it to the server?