DEFAULT access-reject Reply-Message

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Fri Dec 1 20:29:38 CET 2006

>Ok I got the idea how to initiate the the script on reject event, but
what should go in post_auth_reject.pl? I have absolutely no experience
with Perl. I probably would be >able to figure out something but not
sure how. I assume I would listen to something like if username exist,
if username exist and password incorrect. Still I have no idea >how to
do this :-(

I don't have enough time or patience to teach you perl via E-mail.  Do
you know other scripting languages?  Have you ever done any script
programming?  If not, I would suggest you find someone in your
organization that has the appropriate experience.  Here is an excerpt of
perl code to check for the existence of the Module-Failure-Message
request attribute and if it exists will set the Reply-Message reply
attribute..

sub post_auth_reject {

     if (defined($RAD_REQUEST{'Module-Failure-Message'})) {

          $RAD_REPLY{'Reply-Message'} =
$RAD_REQUEST{'Module-Failure-Message'};

     }

     return RLM_MODULE_OK;

}

Since I don't know exactly what you want to do this probably doesn't
exactly match your requirements.  Also, as someone else pointed out,
many clients ignore the Reply-Message attribute (e.g., windows
supplicant) so this could all be a waste of time.