unable to compile with openssl libraries

Peter Param pparam at stvincents.com.au
Mon Dec 4 22:52:40 CET 2006

Hi again,

Eventually,  I was able to create the package and install it on my
debian server.  Now when I run it, I get the following output:

rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/tls:
/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_eap_tls.so: undefined symbol: cbtls_password
radiusd.conf[1]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[365] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[350] Failed to parse authenticate section.

The tls Section:

                tls {
                        private_key_password = whatever
                        private_key_file =
${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem
                        certificate_file =
${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem
                        CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem
                        dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
                        random_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/random
                        #fragment_size = 1024
                        #include_length = yes
                        #check_crl = yes
                        #check_cert_cn = %{User-Name}
                }

cheers

Peter

Peter Param wrote:

> dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 4.2.32)
> dpatch (>= 2) autotools-dev libtool (>= 1.5) libltdl3-dev libpam0g-dev
> libmysqlclient15-dev | libmysqlclient14-dev | libmysqlclient-dev
> libgdbm-dev libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev libiodbc2-dev libkrb5-dev snmp
> libsnmp9-dev | libsnmp5-dev | libsnmp4.2-dev libpq-dev |
postgresql-dev
> libssl-dev

  Have you tried installing those packages?  It gives you a list of
required and optional packages.  I would suggest debhelper, dpatch,
autotools-dev, libtool, libltld3-dev, and libssl-dev.

-

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been virus
scanned and although no viruses were detected by the system, St Vincents &
Mater Health Sydney accepts no liability for any consequential damage
resulting from email containing any computer viruses.