Simultaneous-Use doesn't work.

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 11 20:09:46 CET 2006

Hi,

> > I need to migrate
> > an older freeradius 0.9x to 1.2 and notice that the newer sql setup
> > uses an "nas" table that was not in the older setup. We used
> > clients.conf for the nas's and I'm trying to figure out how/if
> > clients.conf gets migrated to the nas table. Did you find any
> > pertinent docs?
>
> Nope. The best documentation I can find is the FreeRADIUS faq on the
> FreeRADIUS home page. And it's out of date in this matter.

if you dont specify usage of the nas table in sql.conf then the nas table
entries wont be used.

you can populate the nas table with all your entries from clients.conf
but you MUST keep a single entry in clients.conf or the server wont start
(you can use a noddy 127.0.0.2 entry for example. this is a bug(?)/feature(?) )

many people prefer using the nas table as then you dont have to HUP or restart
the service when adding new clients. just drop them into the nas table

alan