SQL Counter (Enrique Acosta)

Sean sean at swarmhotspots.com
Tue Dec 12 00:54:11 CET 2006

> 1. Fwd: SQL Counter (Enrique Acosta)

Thanks Enrique. I upgraded to 1.1.3 but the error is still there. Alan
gave me a hint that the attribute is not in the dictionary, so I've
spent all evening searching the dictionary files looking for SQL
attributes with no luck. My searches of the list archives suggest that
Max-Daily-Session and Max-Monthly-Session are valid attributes. I think
that the code I added to radiusd.conf is okay. I've listed it below.

$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql.conf

                sqlcounter dailycounter {
         counter-name = Daily-Session-Time
         check-name = Max-Daily-Session
         sqlmod-inst = sql
         key = User-Name
         reset = daily
         query = "SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct WHERE
UserName='%{%k}'"
         }

So where am I going wrong? If it was a problem in my SQL queries I
wouldn't expect the following reply that comes from radius.

rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 0
rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Unknown attribute
"Max-Daily-Session"
rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database
rlm_sql (sql): SQL query error; rejecting user
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns fail for request 39
modcall: group authorize returns fail for request 39

Did you ever get it to work? The guy I'm doing this for is putting me
under a lot of pressure to get it finished.

Regards,

Sean Bracken