Counter

Sean sean at swarmhotspots.com
Tue Dec 12 20:44:47 CET 2006

 Hi Alan, Thanks for all the help last night. I've made a lot of
progress today. Max-Daily-Session is now being recognised as a valid
attribute and users with the attribute are being authenticated. The
problem I now have is that the users are being disconnected after their
allocated time has expired but they can log back in again straight away
instead of having to wait 24 hours.

I have this in the users file

 DEFAULT	Max-Daily-Session := 300

This in radiusd.conf

$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql.conf

		sqlcounter dailycounter {
       counter-name = Daily-Session-Time
         check-name = Max-Daily-Session
         sqlmod-inst = sql
         key = User-Name
         reset = daily
         query = "SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime - GREATEST((%b -
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime)), 0)) FROM radacct WHERE UserName='%{%k}'
AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) + AcctSessionTime > '%b'"
         }

instantiate {

	exec
	expr
	noresetcounter
	daily
}

Could you please give me some pointers to where I'm going wrong. I've
scoured the list archives and Google looking for answers.

Regards,

Sean