meetinghouse supplicant

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Thu Dec 14 12:08:12 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2006 11:58 schrieb Mariano Morano:
> Hi all, we have a customer who wants to use the Meetinghouse supplicant
> (now cisco) integrated with Novell client.
>
> The customer want to use 802.1x (EAP-TLS / EAP-TTLS) authentication
> based on username and password stored in eDirectory. Also he wants to
> use Freeradius.
>

> So we want to know:
>
> 1) is it possible ? it means ...can we use freeradius and eDir as
> back-end.?
>
> 2) Has someone experience in any deployment like this ? any comment or
> advice ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi,

should be possible.

1) Does the eDir installation provide a RADIUS protocol stack? If yes, just
configure FR to do proxy.

2) If no: Configure FR do ask eDir via LDAP. OpenLDAP is easy and there are
lots of examples on the net. You should be able to transfer it to eDir.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42