Proxy-State problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 14 19:09:53 CET 2006

Cory Robson wrote:

> Authentication packets are received and the radius daemon passes an auth
> ok but doesn’t return the proxy-state packet correctly, as a result the
> user is not authorized. All that is passed seems to be a hex dump and
> not the same as what is received.

  Let me guess: you ran the server in debugging mode, and saw it output
the Proxy-State value as a hex string.

  Do not mistake the on-screen *printed* form of the packet with what
gets sent over the network.  The network packet doesn't contain the text
"Proxy-State" either.

> I obviously must have missed something in the config files so I’m hoping
> someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

  Since you didn't post any debugging output, it's almost impossible to
help you.