Questions from a totally ignorant n00b

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 21 21:48:50 CET 2006

Gene Mosley wrote:
> Alan,
>     Could you perhaps give me a hint about how one would go about
> allowing any user from any system (_unless_ that system is listed for
> the specific purpose of not allowing anyone to authenticate from it) to
> authenticate?

  You've phrased the problem in a very complicated way.

  By default, any user is allowed to authenticate from any NAS.  You
don't have to do anything to enable this behavior.

  If you want NO ONE to authenticate from a particular NAS, then don't
list the NAS IP address in clients.conf.

  If you want only SOME people to authenticate from a particular NAS,
see the FAQ.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_deny_access_to_a_specific_user.2C_or_group_of_users.3F