problem with NT-Password and LDAP

Ana Gallardo Gómez ana_gallardo_77 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 28 13:30:14 CET 2006

>Ana Gallardo Gómez wrote:
>> Hello,  my problem is, i have a Freeradius server that retrieves the
>> authentication information from an OpenLDAP server; in this server the
>> NT-Password atributte has 252 characters (32 characters from NT-hash +
>> white spaces)

>Why not just update the entries in LDAP to remove the space?

>Alan DeKok.

Well, I can not modify the LDAP server, I only can use it, so, while I ask the LDAP administrator to modify this atribute, I would like to modify in Freeradius server. I have read that there is a module to rewrite the value of an atribute on fly, but I can´t find how to use it. I have a regular expression to modify...  I have a ssript perl to modify... but I don´t know how to use it.

Thank you