FreeRadius overview

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Thu Dec 28 18:16:29 CET 2006

On 12/28/06, David Covert <dcovert at erfwireless.com> wrote:
> I have gotten freeRadius working with a mikrotik NAS using the users
> flat file (hooray for me! <g>). Now I need to have the freeRadius server
> reference a MS-SQL db server rather than the users file on the
> freeRadius server. I am quite fuzzy about the process tho. I am hoping
> for some basic edukashun.

[snip]

First, you read the FAQ[1], then you search through the wiki[2], then
you read through the well-documented configuration files that came
with FreeRADIUS.

Afterwards, you use what you've learned to try to get the whole setup
working.  If/when you run into issues you can't figure out, you search
through the archives for this list.  If your search doesn't turn up
anything useful, you come back to the list and post specific, detailed
questions including configurations that you're using and letting us
know what you've already tried that didn't work (and what errors you
were getting).

Lather, rinse, repeat.  One eventually ends up with a working configuration.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN
http://www.linuxwiz.net/