freeradius-1.1.0 - compile error

Jon jboast at daemonsync.org
Mon Feb 6 14:00:20 CET 2006

Using freeradius-1.1.0 version.

compile with nothing special other than defining log dir

when 'make' receive error like following:

gcc -shared  rlm_unix.lo cache.lo compat.lo -Wl,--whole-archive
/usr/lib/libshadow.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -lcrypt
/usr/lib/libshadow.a -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl -lresolv -lpthread -Wl,-soname
-Wl,rlm_unix-1.1.0.so -o .libs/rlm_unix-1.1.0.so
/usr/lib/libshadow.a: member /usr/lib/libshadow.a(libmisc.a) in archive
is not an object
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[6]: *** [rlm_unix.la] Error 1

Any ideas that can help me to solve this, sorry if my English is bad...
i found nothing on the website, Wiki, or Google (only Russian forum post
about it).

Thanks in advance guys,
Jon