[radius] Re: Auth question

Nick Marino nickm at kryptontech.com
Tue Feb 7 16:36:57 CET 2006

Nick Marino - IT Solutions
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lewis Bergman" <lbergman at wtxs.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:56 AM
Subject: [radius] Re: Auth question

>> Can anyone tell me why I am getting trashed passwords when attempting to
>> authenticate?
>>
>> Login incorrect: [nickm/d\313f`&\247+>4\203\360/\367]
> Looks like your secrets in clients.conf don't match what your NAS has.

No the secret in my clients.conf is the same as whats in my NAS, I even
reset the password on the nas to be sure.
Wierd thing is if I do a test on the user account using Dialup Admin it
works perfectly and the password is handled properly.
Only when NAS send the request to FR does it generate that garbled password.