[radius] Re: Auth question

Nick Marino nickm at kryptontech.com
Tue Feb 7 22:07:03 CET 2006

Yes I dont think its a NAS problem at all.

The garbled password you are seeing that I sent is the users actual
password. When that request comes from the nas and rlm_pap tries you auth
it, the password is showing up like that. if you look at what I posted you
will see it is a username/password pair and the password is getting garbled.

Login incorrect: [nickm/d\313f`&\247+>4\203\360/\367]

Also I stated if I test it from Dialup admin using the same shared secret
for nas it works fine and the password is not garbled.
Only when it comes from the nas to FR.

The packets are being accepted from the nas, that is not the issue.

To prove to myself, I set in the users file DEFAULT = Authtype := Accept so
it will let everyting thing go through and it does.

The packets come from the NAS and althought they still have garbled
passwords when FR process it in rlm_pap it allows them to connect due to the
DEFUALT I have set in the users file. At that point the user logs in and
they show up in Dialup admin as they should. Even the accounting packets
work from that point on.

Nick Marino - IT Solutions