attribute Password in an Access-Reject packet

Susana Macias susana_macias12 at yahoo.es
Mon Feb 13 15:38:25 CET 2006

Hy all,

I am trying to include two pairs attribute/value in my
Radius Response Packet. This is my code:
pairadd(&request->reply->vps, pairmake("Password",
"***\n", T_OP_EQ));
pairadd (&request->reply->vps,
pairmake("Reply-Message", "TID-2002", T_OP_EQ));

When I do some tests, I observe this:

1) If my radius Response Packet is an Access-Accept,
the FreeRadius server sends:

Received response ID 255, code 2, length = 71
        User-Password = "***\n"
        Reply-Message = "TID-2002"

2) If my radius Response Packet is an Access-Reject,
the FreeRadius server sends:

Received response ID 252, code 3, length = 30
        Reply-Message = "TID-2002"

* Why the Password attribute does not appear in the
Access-Reject packet?

* Why does the Password attribute (in the
Access-Accept packet) appear like User-Password?

Thank you very much
Susana