PAP credentials against AD?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Feb 15 16:24:02 CET 2006

Hi Josh,

nice to see you also on this list  :-)

> Is it possible to authenticate PAP credentials from the NAS against a
> Windows domain using NTLM? I've tried using the mschap module, but it
> expects to see a Challenge that the NAS doesn't provide.

If you want to authenticate against AD and have PAP credentials available,
just treat the AD server like an LDAP server, i.e.: the ldap {} section is
for you. It will use the credentials to bind as the user to AD, and if that
succeeds the user is allowed in.

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg