Basic problems getting things to run

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Feb 16 23:26:21 CET 2006

Geoff Silver <geoff+freeradius at uslinux.net> wrote:
> Forgive me if I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I absolutely can't
> get auth to work.  ever.  For starters, here's what I see when running
> 'radiusd -AX':
>
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:34193, id=136, length=61
>         Attr-1 = 0x6a617468616e69736d

  You are not using the dictionaries that come with the server.
You've probably got a Gnu RADIUS dictionary installed in /etc/raddb.

  The "make install" output has a few lines at the end telling you
that it didn't over-write existing dictionaries, and what to do to fix
the problem.  Read that text.

  Also, ensure that FreeRADIUS is looking for it's configuration files
in a different directory than where the GNU radius configuration files
are located.  That will solve a lot of problems.