Duplicate entries and incorrect accounting and authorization

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Feb 23 19:26:14 CET 2006

<bdab at hushmail.com> wrote:
> Basically I've got duplicate entries in radpostauth, no entries in
> radacct and the NAS does not recognize the successful
> authentication even though from the radius server point of view it
> seems to get authentication right.

  Then either the reply is coming from an IP that the NAS doesn't
like, or the shared secret is wrong.

  Once you get the NAS to accept the response from the server, the
duplicate entries in will disappear, and accounting will start.

  I suggest using 'tcpdump' on the network to see what's going on with
the RADIUS packets.  Look at src/dst IP's...