Please HELP!!! Any ideas??? MySQL and users file... Difference???

Alex Savguira savguira at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 15:52:44 CET 2006

Hi, Gerry.
Thanks for an answer...
>I'll bet if you only have a single encrypted entry that will work.
>
>This is just a guess on my part but give it a shot.
>
>Gerry

Of course it works if I only have a single encrypted problem. This is
exactly where my problem is. I do run a bunch of services onsite, some
using the PAP passwords (CRYPT form) and some using the MS-CHAPv2
(partly internal and partly accessing the ADS via NTLM). I want the
single logon for all services.
If say PPPoe is PAP and IPSEC is MS-CHAPv2 I need two entries one with
the CRYP-ted password for PAP and one plain or NT-hash for MS-CHAPv2.
Everything works when using "users" file. PAP doesn't work when using
the mysql backend and there is plain-text record in a database as
well. It looks like freeradius does indeed only process first record
(by the way I've tried playing with the SQL query for authentication
in pursuit of making it to return the crypted password first, but alas
it doesn't help). Do you by any chance know WHY it only processes one
record and how to make it process two instead?

Thanks
Alex.