Please HELP!!! Any ideas??? MySQL and users file... Difference???

Alex Savguira savguira at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:46:00 CET 2006

Dear Alan!

>You want to use ":=", not "==", both here and in SQL.  That will
>make it work.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

I've tried that already. Same result... DOES NOT work... (AND it works
with both
== and := when I use users file instead)... With SQL it produces the
very same debugging output with both == and := A bug perhaps?
Shouldn't users file and radchek table perform the very same way?

As for your offer for storing the clear-text for PAP it is not an
option for me, since I already have 450 users stored in CRYPT form
(for a simple reason of preventing the administration power abuse as
much as possible - yes that is, I do not want admin to know and use
user passwords). I hate using the clear text passwords for
MS-CHAPv2 as well, but I haven't yet figured out how to generete
NT-hash for storing the NT-Password instead. Changing passwords for
450 users is a pain, which I want to avoid...
By the way, how does one generate this hash?
I am running heavily modified by me version of dialup-admin, and I
haven't yet implemented the CRYPT function for NT-Hash.