freeBSD and freeRADIUS with mySQL

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Feb 28 18:43:24 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-25-02 at 14:52 -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:
> eric at gozippy.com wrote:
> > the ports for freeradius don't seem to install correctly, and when we
> > build from lates binaries there is errors when trying to load mysql... In
> > the mandrake 10.2 system I had - all I did was install mysqlxx-dev
> > development extensions, and all was good... I can't find any support for
> > freebsd.
>
>   I suggest asking on the freebsd ports list, asking the maintainer,
> or looking through the freebsd bug list.
>
>   I don't know any developer who uses FreeBSD, so that makes it
> difficult to track down the problem.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

I have not been actively doing any development lately, but I did
a bunch of development pre 1.0 to ensure the PostgreSQL and MySQL
had the same functionality.

The maintainer for the FreeBSD port is quite good, and I have not
had any problems with the port in the past.

There have been an enormous amount of posts on this topic, and it
has been answered a hundred times. The information is out there
there is also sample data that I have posted a number of times.

It would help if the original poster, let us know what version
of FreeBSD he was using. He  mentions Mandrake 10.2 but as far
as I know they don't have a FreeBSD distribution. ;^)

I was planning on doing some more testing soon, I will try to
get to it today.