Peap mschapv2 proxy early termination of EAP

Andy Goy Andy.Goy at kcom.com
Tue Jan 3 17:14:50 CET 2006

	Thanks for the reply

Andy Goy <Andy.Goy at kcom.com> wrote:
> I have added 2 lines to the users file
>
> DEFAULT FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To !* 127.0.0.1, Proxy-To-Realm := LOCAL,
> Auth-Type = EAP   (line 167)
> DEFAULT FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To == 127.0.0.1, Proxy-To-Realm := wifi
> (line 168)

  The first line is unnecessary.  Delete it.

  Alan DeKok.

	Without the first line the request goes straight out as EAP-MSCHAPv2
to the proxy server.

	With a lot more digging in the lists, I found a number of comments
regarding my problem
	Don't include a realm for the initial (outer) realm  and make an the
inner realm that contains the proxy server settings as unique
	Write a common detail file and use radrelay to proxy accounting
	(also questions asking how to just get the realm variable) to select
the correct proxy server for accounting

	This improved things, but the real solution was to include a ream
for the outer pointing to LOCAL, and point the inner to the correct proxy
server
	This then provides the %Realm variable to write a detail-combined
file for each realm (using suffix)
	Two radrelays send accounting to the correct servers

	Thanks for all your comments in the lists

	Its a wonderful piece of software/work

	The following config works a treat for me, I just need to
purchase/install a real signed certificate now !!
	I hope it's correct and maybe helps someone
	Regards
	Andy

	To proxy peap EAP mschap-v2 to a proxy server that only supports
mschapv2 (and send accounting)

	Users logging in using username at wifi  and username at isp2

	users
DEFAULT User-Name =~ "@wifi$", FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To == 127.0.0.1,
Proxy-To-Realm := inner-wifi
	Fall-Through = Yes
DEFAULT User-Name =~ "@isp2$", FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To == 127.0.0.1,
Proxy-To-Realm := inner-isp2
	Fall-Through = Yes

	radiusd.conf
	Detail{
            detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Realm}/detail-combined
		detailperm = 0600
	}

eap {
		default_eap_type = peap
		timer_expire     = 60
		ignore_unknown_eap_types = no

		tls {
			private_key_password = whatever
			private_key_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem
			certificate_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem
			CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem
			dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
			random_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/random
		#  Check the Certificate Revocation List
		#	check_crl = yes
            #       check
}
	 peap {
				default_eap_type = mschapv2
                        proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = no
                        use_tunneled_reply = yes
                        copy_request_to_tunnel = yes
		}
		mschapv2 {

	Proxy.conf

realm wifi {
	type		= radius
	authhost	= LOCAL
	accthost	= LOCAL
      nostrip
}

realm inner-wifi {
	type		= radius
	authhost	= xxxxxxxxxx:1645
	accthost	= xxxxxxxxxx:1646
	secret	= wifisecret
      nostrip
}

realm isp2 {
	type		= radius
	authhost	= LOCAL
	accthost	= LOCAL
      nostrip
}
realm inner-isp2 {
	type		= radius
	authhost	= xxxxxxxx:1812
	accthost	= xxxxxxxx:1813
	secret	= isp2secret
      nostrip
}

Radrelay command for wifi realm
radrelay -a (your accounting dir/radacct/wifi -d /etc/raddb -r (address of
wifi proxy:port) -s wifisecret detail-combined
Radrelay command for isp2 realm
/radacct/isp2  (address of isp2 proxy:port)

The content of this e-mail and any attachment is private and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or forwarding of this
e-mail and/or its
attachments is unauthorised.  If you have received this e-mail in error
please notify the sender by e-
mail and delete this message and any attachments immediately from this
system.

Kingston Communications (HULL) PLC is a public limited company incorporated
in England and Wales
with registration number 02150618 and whose registered office is at 37 Carr
Lane, Hull HU1 3RE