authorization depending on authentication (ldap)

tschaos at gmx.net tschaos at gmx.net
Thu Jan 5 10:40:53 CET 2006

Hi guys,

First sorry for my bad english i am from austria ;-)

i am running freeradius-1.0.2-5.5

i have a big problem here and cant solve it alone:

there are 3 ldap instances:
ldap1,ldap2,ldap3.

and authenticate them all after another in the authentication section like
this:

authenticate {
                ldap1
                ldap2
                ldap3
}

same in authorize-section:

authorize {
                ldap1
                ldap2
                ldap3
}

now my problem is, that if the user x is authenticated at ldap2 for instance
the authorization fails cause the user isnt found at ldap1 (freeradius
doesnt seem to try authorizing on ldap2 or ldap3)

what i need would be a solution how to realize the following needs:

if authentication runs over ldap1 authorize on ldap1
if authentication runs over ldap1 authorize on ldap2
if authentication runs over ldap1 authorize on ldap3

how can i do that?

hope you guys can help me, i am searching for a solution for 3 days now and
i havent got any ideo how to solve that :-(

thanks and greetings from snowy austria!

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl