Connection TimeOut!!!

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Thu Jan 5 22:20:59 CET 2006

> Hello:
>
> RH 9.0, freeRADIUS 1.4
>
> I have been using freeRADIUS for the last 10 Months. Works great. I like
> to setup a maximum connection time of 120 minutes for each user. I am a
> complete newbie.
>
> Can somebody direct me to the file I need to set the timeout time? I
> also need to know the exact command, if possible.

Do you mean max connection time before logging in again?  In that case,
you usually just need to add

Session-Timeout = xxx

With xxx being the number of seconds before timing out.

If you want to give them say 120 minutes each day or week or month.  Then
you should look at rlm_sql_counter.  Install freeradius with experimental
modules and read experimental.conf.

This is all dependant on your NAS accepting the Session-Timeout variable
and actually ending the session at that time.