Freeradius 1.1.0 & Mysql 5.x

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sat Jan 7 00:27:11 CET 2006

Chadwick Sorrell <mirotrem at gmail.com> wrote:
> radiusd -X shows that the sql connection is established but radiusd doesn't
> limit the connections based on num_sql_socks and it continues to connect
> until my mysql hits its max connections.  At that point it begins this...
>
> rlm_sql ((null)): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #299

  That's a fairly serious problem.  The initial "(null)" should *not*
be happening, and appears to be impossible, based on my reading of the
code.  And the max number of sockets is hard-coded in the source to
256, so a socket number greater than that is impossible.

  I don't know what's wrong, but I've never seen this before.
Something is very, very, wrong with your installation.