What is this "group authentication"?

Gary Algier gaa at ulticom.com
Mon Jan 9 22:24:48 CET 2006

Gary Algier wrote:

> Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>> Gary Algier <gaa at ulticom.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use the WinXP supplied supplicant and I am getting:
>>>    modcall: group authenticate returns invalid for request 41
>>>
>>> Can someone give me a hint as to what this means?
Problem solved.  Here was what I finally googled on:
     rlm_eap_peap: Received EAP-TLV response.

I could not find any mention of "eap-tlv" in any config files
or doc files, but in the mailing list someone else had this problem
and the answer to them was to configure "mschap".  I had it configured,
but apparently not correctly.  I set it thus (thanks to
stefan at borgia.com for the example):
         mschap {
                 authtype = MS-CHAP
                 use_mppe = yes
                 require_encryption = yes
                 require_strong = yes
                 with_ntdomain_hack = yes
         }
and it worked.  Perhaps it was the "with_ntdomain_hack".  I had NOT
set it because somewhere else it said:
                 # This configuration entry SHOULD NOT be used.
and I misinterpreted it as a global statement.

Also thanks to stefan at borgia.com for the note about needing the
KB885453 Hotfix.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ          gaa at ulticom.com             +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033

Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals:
     People don't read documentation voluntarily.