possible ascend data filter problems

Chuck chuck at pathworx.com
Tue Jan 10 15:52:03 CET 2006

i have been working with our upstream dialup provider for a week now and he
has come to the conclusion that freeradius is passing the data as ascii
rather than abinary. his tests used flat files while we use mysql. the
filters we define are listed below from our support tech's email:

--------------------------------------

That too did not change anything. In my testing If I just plug the ascend
attributes in my users file as follows
       Ascend-data-filter += "ip in forward tcp est",
       Ascend-data-filter += "ip in forward dstip 64.113.34.0/24",
       Ascend-data-filter += "ip in drop tcp srcport = 80",
       Ascend-data-filter += "ip in drop tcp dstport = 25",
       Ascend-data-filter += "ip in forward",
And they translate to Abinary fine. This leads me to believe it has to
do with the way sql is passing it to you radius server.

any idea why /how this is happening? it is affecting our entire structure
since we are also a proxy for approx 25 realms and it affects many of their
setups too. these need to be passed to our upstream as abinary.

--

Chuck