PEAP error with 1.1.0

hazed at xs4all.nl hazed at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 16 23:25:11 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get Freeradius 1.1.0 running on a Debian Sarge box. I
compiled and built the deb packages from the tarball according to the FAQ
instructions. After installing and configuring according to the 802.1X
Port-Based Authentication HOWTO on tldp.org, the daemon refuses to start.
Freeradius -x gives the following output:

Starting - reading configuration files ...
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
Module: Loaded exec
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
rlm_eap_tls: Loading the certificate file as a chain
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type tls
rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/peap: rlm_eap_peap.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1893] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[1840] Failed to parse authenticate section.

I hope someone can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Matthew Smith