1.0.5 PEAP issue with Edirectory

Anup Parkhi anup_parkhi at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:48:08 CET 2006

Hi,

Enviornment:

FreeRadius version: 1.0.5
OS: Red Hat Linux ES3
Directory: Edirectory
Auth-Type: EAP PEAP

(EAP-MD5 worked though)

I built FreeRadius 1.0.5 with (--with-edir). While sending EAP-PEAP request,
the freeradius crashed. gdb backtrace indicated a problem in libssl. I was
using openssl 0.9.7a. Tried with other versions of openssl with following
results.

. 0.9.6a & 0.9.8a -- did not compile
. 0.9.6i - did not link

However, i had a CVS snapshot of 12/19/05. using that, both EAP-MD5 and
EAP-PEAP worked.

For some reason i will have to use 1.0.5. I was wondering if anybody has
success with 1.0.5/Edirectory/PEAP. If yes, which openssl i should use.

I can provide logs or stack trace if needed.

Thanks
Anup