Question about Session start

San san_sar at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 08:16:29 CET 2006

Dear All,

I have implemented freeradius in Redhat box. And I
have some questions about it. It have searched the web
but still can't find a clue or i just missed it :(.
Also my questions are:

1. How do we start the session? I have send the
request to the server and got access_accepted. And as
I know the session is start after we send the
accounting_request and get response from the server.
The problem is how to do that using command prompt? My
Nas is Suse box.

I use this command to send acct_request
echo "User-Name= Anna"| radclient 10.1.0.76 acct -x
testing123
Is that right? or is there any place I can refer to
use the radclient command?

2. Do I need to write external script to run the
command? Because I want to use the session time out
but seems still not working.(because I don't know how
to start the session)

3. Where should I put the acc_type. Is it in server
side or nas side?

I really hope someone can help me (please...)
Thanks a lot in advance
Best Regards,
Santy