problem with EAP-TLS

Frank Büttner frank-buettner at gmx.net
Tue Jan 24 11:58:31 CET 2006

dark0s dark0s schrieb:
> I have a Windows XP SP2 client, with winpcap 3.1 installed.
>   I have downloaded wpa_supplicant 0.5.0, but the executable wpasvc.exe
>   is not recognized by the system, is it possibile?
>   After installing winpcap, what do I have to do?

First you must get the device id of your WLAN card and disable the
supplicant that comes with the driver.
To get the Card ID run win_if_list that comes with the wpa_supplianct
package. To disable the driver supplicant disable the binding of the
AEGIS Protocol of the network card.

Then you have to write an config file. Here is my sample(I use WPA2 and
EAP-TLS):
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=2
ap_scan=2
fast_reauth=1
network={
	proto=RSN
	pairwise=CCMP
	ssid="your network SSID"
	key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
	identity="put here the text of the common name filed of the client cert"
	ca_cert="ca.pem"
	client_cert="client.crt"
	private_key="client.key"
	private_key_passwd="put here the secret of the client cert key"
	eapol_flags=3
}

And to last build a simple cmd script that start's the hole. Here my script:
wpa_supplicant -c myconf.conf -i "put here your device id" -D ndis -dd