questions about eap md5 authentication

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 12:30:03 CET 2006

Robert WAKIM wrote:
> rlm_ldap: checking if remote access for gab is allowed by radiusFilterId
> rlm_ldap: Added password {MD5}mmGCSLZNti0VswCgewBYCw== in check items

Nope. That won't work. EAP-MD5's MD5 algorithm needs the plaintext
password so unless you can get that out of LDAP, you'll have to use
another method.

>   rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
>   rlm_eap: EAP/md5
>   rlm_eap: processing type md5
>   rlm_eap: Freeing handler
>   modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns reject for request 2

...because it doesn't have the required info. Probably it should yell
about needing the right kind of password, though how it's supposed to
know the one you've given it is the wrong one I would have to think about.