EAP-TTLS and Kerberos problem

Jakob Oestergaard jakob at unthought.net
Tue Jan 24 14:39:51 CET 2006

Dear list,

I'm setting up FreeRADIUS so that I can authenticate WPA ("Enterprise")
from a Linksys access point against Kerberos (via. RADIUS).

I can get FreeRADIUS to authenticate against Kerberos (using radtest),
and I can get FreeRADIUS to talk EPA-TTLS with the access point (or the
WIFI notebook actually).

However, I cannot get EPA-TTLS to work with Kerberos.

If I put this in my users file, EAP-TTLS works and FreeRADIUS correctly
sees the PAP password from the laptop:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = EAP
        Fall-Through = 1

If I put this in my users file, Kerberos works but FreeRADIUS does not
get the password from the notebook and therefore the krb5 module won't
attempt authentication:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Kerberos

So, is there a way to tell FreeRADIUS to both use EAP *and* attempt
Kerberos authentication when it actually has a password?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much

--

 / jakob