REPOST: Realms and users file.

User for Free Radius mail list f-radius at pcez.com
Tue Jan 24 19:13:20 CET 2006

I'm sure someone can give me a quick answer to this problem. I have one
radius server that handles request in the form:

username
username at domain1.com
username at domain2.net

We this  setup in our proxy.conf file:

realm domain1.com {
        type            = radius
        authhost        = LOCAL
        accthost        = LOCAL
}

realm domain2.net {
        type            = radius
        authhost        = server.domain2.net:1645
        accthost        = LOCAL
        secret          = **********
}

And uses the "users" file for local stuff....

Everything works fine except when the username at the realm domain2.net
server matches a name in the "users" file on the domain1.com server. We
have usernames on the domain1.com "users" file that reject:

uername		Auth-Type := Reject

These users have DSL access but no phone line access and belong to the
domain1.com server. But once in a while they will have the same username
on each system.

The result is domain2.net will Auth OK them but they cannot get on line
because domain1.com will reject them because of the "users" file.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks!

Ken