Problems System Auth with FreeRadius (/etc/shadow)

Nataniel Klug nata at cnett.psi.br
Wed Jan 25 11:06:42 CET 2006

Alan,

I tryed it in full debug mode, returns this:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:32773, id=46, length=62
        Service-Type = Login-User
        User-Name = "nata"
        User-Password = "nata0405"
        NAS-IP-Address = 200.163.208.4
        NAS-Port = 0
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 1
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "nata", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 1
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 1
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 152
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 216
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 1
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 1
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 1
rlm_unix: [nata]: invalid password
  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns reject for request 1
modcall: group authenticate returns reject for request 1
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [nata/nata0405] (from client localhost port 0)
Sending Access-Reject of id 46 to 127.0.0.1:32773
Finished request 1
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 6 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 1 ID 46 with timestamp 43d7232a
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

I could not understand what is going on. The password is correct for this
user.

Att,

Nataniel Klug