redundant-load-balance question

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Wed Jan 25 17:57:59 CET 2006

Is there any way to use a redundant-load-balance w/in the users file, for
something such as ldap-group?

For example:

Autz-Type GROUP1 {
   redundant-load-balance {
     ldap1
     ldap2
     ldap3

Then in users file

DEFAULT SomeAttr == "something", GROUP1-Ldap-Group == "group", Autz-Type
:= GROUP1

I've tried that and it doesn't like it.  Seems I have to do something like
below, which gives me failover, but not load-balance.

DEFAULT SomeAttr == "something", ldap1-Ldap-Group == "group"...

DEFAULT SomeAttr == "something", ldap2-Ldap-Group == "group"...

DEFAULT SomeAttr == "something", ldap3-Ldap-Group == "group"...

OR, just setup one ldap instance that points to all the servers, such as

ldap ldap1 {
   server = "ldap1 ldap2 ldap3"
}

w/

DEFAULT SomeAttr == "something", ldap1-Ldap-Group == "group"

But, I'd really like to get that ldap-group setup to use the same
redundant-load-balance configuration?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dusty Doris