Can't import ldap schema provided in ldap howto

Laura Donovan laura at anet.com
Thu Jan 26 08:56:26 CET 2006

Hello,

I've been trying to configure openldap for use with radius. I'm running
a RedHat ES 4 server with the following rpm's installed:

openldap-2.2.13-3
freeradius-1.0.1-3.RHEL4

I've been following the instructions in ldap_howto.txt, and I created
the schema.ldif file exactly as outlined in the doc. But when I run the
ldapadd command it gives the following error:

[root at myserver]# ldapadd -f schema.ldif -x -D
"cn=root,dc=mydomain,dc=com" -w secret
adding new entry "dc=mydomain,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=radius,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=profiles,ou=radius,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=users,ou=radius,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=admins,ou=radius,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

adding new entry "uid=dial,ou=profiles,ou=radius,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: no structural object class provided

I do have the include statement for "RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema" configured in
my slapd.conf, and I already verified that it is readable by the user
ldap (and that the path is correct). Here is the entry ldapadd is
erroring on:

dn: uid=dial,ou=profiles,ou=radius,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectclass: radiusprofile
uid: dial
radiusServiceType: Framed-User
radiusFramedProtocol: PPP
radiusFramedIPNetmask: 255.255.255.0
radiusFramedRouting: None

I've found other posts with users having the same issue, but I haven't
found one detailing the resolution. I've checked to ensure that there
are no extra spaces at the end of the lines.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Sincerely,

-Laura Donovan