Error: Assertion failed in request_list.c, line 1119

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Fri Jan 27 16:40:52 CET 2006

masetio wrote:

> I used FS freeradius-snapshot-20060119 in Debian Sarge,
> if FS running on daemon mode have error like :
>
> Wed Jan 25 00:51:34 2006 : Info: Ready to process requests.
> Wed Jan 25 02:05:16 2006 : Error: Assertion failed in request_list.c,
> line 1119
>
> 'n crash
>
> but if running in Debug mode (radiusd -X) work fine...
>
> plz i need help to solve that problem

Well I'll reply again.

You could comment out the assertion, but then you might get segfaults.

You could replace the assertion with a if(...) return 0;

That might only cause memory leaks.

--------------------------------
and since the only way you get to this assertion is if

request->finished == TRUE;

This gets set in a number of places

./src/main/request_list.c:                      request->finished = TRUE;

This is after the proxied request is rejected. DO you see anything else
in your logs?

./src/main/request_list.c:                      request->finished = TRUE;

This is set only for over time limit requests AND only if you have
mainconfig.kill_unresponsive_children which corresponds to
delete_blocked_requests in radiusd.conf, so check that

./src/main/request_list.c:                      request->finished = TRUE;

Set after we fail to proxy accounting requests. What do you see in your
logs?

./src/main/request_process.c:   request->finished = finished; /* do as
the LAST thing before exiting */

Done only after setting child_pid, assertion should be true.
Do you see anything else in your logs?

./src/main/threads.c:           request->finished = TRUE;
./src/main/threads.c:           request->finished = TRUE;

Both of these are if the queuing of the request failed; assertion should
be true.

Do you see anything else in your logs?