Throttle On Cap

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Sat Jul 1 00:48:17 CEST 2006

"Alex Abraham" <alex.abraham at samoatel.ws> wrote:
> I am trying to achieve the following simply, subscriber get a ADSL
> connection where they get 200Mb usage @ 512k/256k, and when they have
> exceeded 200Mb usage, the speed is throttled to 64/64k.

  Unless the NAS documentation explains how to do this, it's impossible.

  i.e. If the NAS supports Change of Authorization attributes, you
could give them one service to start, and then monitor the accounting
packets.  Once they hit 200Mb, you would have to run a script on the
server to send a CoA packet to the NAS, which *might* honor the request.