problem in configuring PEAP on freeRADIUS1.1.2

Pradeep Sengar pradeep.sengar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 07:19:06 CEST 2006

Thanx Zoltan Ori for ur comments. before getting ur reply i was able to run
freeradius server for peap after making following changes in eap.conf file
in tls module
xxxxxxxxxx
eap.conf
xxxxxxxxxx
tls {

                        private_key_password = whatever
                        private_key_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem

                        certificate_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem

                        CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem

                        dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
                        random_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/random

                 }
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx eap.conf ends herexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

problem persisted till i added last line( random_file =
${raddbdir}/certs/random) and started working fine after this addition
without creating any certificate(i didn't create any).

but after this although i m able to start server but its not accepting any
requests.
What can be the reason?

One more query: in clients.conf file we mention the IP range for APs or for
end client(supplicant).

Regards
Pradeep Singh