an infamous LDAP-FreeRadius question

Zoltan Ori z.ori at morehead-st.edu
Tue Jul 11 15:43:39 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 07:24, Matt Ashfield wrote:
> I have LDAP configured and can do a cleartext radius authentication using
> username/passwords (using radtest). What I'd like to do is take the next
> step and do 802.1x authentication for my windows clients and I suppose
> that's where I was hoping to find some cleancut instructions on this as
> I've seen quite a bit of threads concerning this but as mentioned in my
> initial email, they can be tough to follow.

There is no shortage of information available. There are links to HOW TO on
www.freeradius.org main page for 802.1x and EAP
http://www.freeradiuos.org/doc/EAPTLS.pdf
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/

Read the docs on rlm_eap which has LDAP info. That can be found in your
sources as well as on the wiki.

Also, see this document

http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/802-1x-LDAP.html

Zoltan Ori