FreeRadius Autostart

Chris Carver ccarver at pennswoods.net
Tue Jul 11 17:58:10 CEST 2006

Wasif wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am rephrasing my question. I installed FreeRadius without rpm package on
>CentOS 4. I want FreeRadius to start automatically in background when System
>boots up.
>
>Thanks
>
>Wazb
>
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Freeradius has no mechanism to do this on its own.  You need to find out
where the startup script for CentOS is.  This is the place where you put
all programs and scripts you want run automatically on boot.  Almost
every distrobution has one.  When you find it, you just need to put the
full path to your radius binary and any command line options.

Chris Carver
Network Engineer