ntlm_auth - rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured. Cannot create NT-Password.

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jul 17 15:12:27 CEST 2006

Peter de Groot wrote:

> Eeeerrk....
>
> Given that I suspect that this form of authentication  is going to be
> popular ... I was wondering if
> it could be "broken out" into a test program to add to the others....

See the "eapol_test" program from the "wpa_supplicant" package. Works
very well.

Alternatively, since the response for a given username/password and
challenge is always the same, you can just run one auth, record those,
and re-use them. The obvious insecurity behind this is why the RPC call
used to pass username/challenge/response must be authenticated with
domain machine account credentials.