Operation of a radius server

Wed Jul 19 11:10:08 CEST 2006

hello dave

i know the following:
the clients dsl router establishes a pppoe connection with the NAS (my a
cisco access router with pppoe support and authentification agains
radius). the NAS needs the framed-ip, compression type, mtu, etc.  from
the radius.

the radius is getting a request with the encrypted password from the
NAS. if the login is correct the radius will answer with a accept packet
and the information like framed-ip, mut, compression type, etc.