rlm_ippool and tcp TIME_WAIT state

Sebastien Cantos s.cantos at neopost.com
Wed Jul 19 13:40:34 CEST 2006

Phil Mayers wrote:

> It would in theory be possible to save the key from the last walk, and
> next time we allocate an IP start from that key and wrap back around,
> which would allocate IPs in a more round-robin fashion.

Yes, that should be a solution. I was more thinking of adding a parameter to
make sure an IP is kept used in the pool for a certain amount of time after
a disconnection and before being available for allocation.

I don't know what is more easy to hack. I'm going to try using my some
little developer skills to look at rlm_ippool.c and see what I can do.

If there are some freeradius developers around that could help I'll really
appreciate.

Regards,

Sebastien.