Map LDAP Attribute to RADIUS Attribute

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 18:13:17 CEST 2006

Paul Asadoorian wrote:

> The RADIUS client is actually an Aruba wireless controller.  It had an
> attribute already defined called "User-Category".  I also checked the

Ok, you should get Aruba's dictionary, or ask them what their enterprise
number + the attribute number is. That attribute certainly doesn't seem
to be in the FreeRadius dictionary.aruba

Maybe Aruba-User-Role?

> dictionary file for "User-Category" and this is what I found:
>
> # grep User-Category *
> dictionary.freeradius.internal:ATTRIBUTE
> User-Category                           1029    string

Ah, ok. That's a FreeRadius internal attribute. It'll never appear on
the wire, it's intended for use inside the server e.g. as a
classification/matching attribute.

You'll have to name whatever Aruba's attribute is differently.