running log_badlogins

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Thu Jul 20 04:32:45 CEST 2006

Avrohom wrote:
> I have run log_badlogins from the command line and it does work. I was
> just wondering where the best place to run the script is from. it should
> always be running so a cron job is not necessary. should i just have it
> run when the radius server starts up?
>
> Thanks,
> Avrohom

If you're on a RedHat-ish system, the attached startup script might work
for you.  It's a quick hack based on the FreeRADIUS startup script.

I see on re-reading it that it doesn't source
/etc/sysconfig/failed_logins, so you will have to hand-edit it to change
the path to your dialup_admin installation.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall